Saturday, June 19, 2010

TSC Mail Bag

TSCers, from time to time, I'd like to share some actual email exchanges that I have with TSCers around the world.

Michael J. wrote the following email:

Chris, you're looking insanely ripped in that new bicep video man, you have a very impressive physique. I hope you don't mind me asking, but I have tons of questions for you.

1. What's your diet like in order to achieve that low of body fat in your new bicep video?

2. Did you achieve the musculature in that video only by training with the TSC plan?

3. Is it possible to gain weight while having that low body fat?

4. What kind of cardio do you do to get that low body fat and how many days a week do you do it?

5. Do you still train in the morning on an empty stomach? Because I remember reading somewhere it is great for burning fat, but it can also burn muscle (since I'm an ectomorph, I don't want to lose my muscle lol). Should I be worrying about this or just suck it up?

Thanks for everything, you really inspire me to improve my health and fitness. Really, I can't thank you enough, you are an amazing inspiration to me.
And this was my response:
Michael,
Thanks for writing me. I'm usually able to respond to all my emails within 72 hours but the past two weeks have been crazy. Thanks for watching the biceps video, more training vids like that one are on the way.

To answer your questions:

1. My diet: currently I'm following the Nutrition-10 rules (like everyone should) and eating on the "Balance" profile for a goal weight of 200 pounds. On the new TSC Program you can adjust your goal weight and your profile to find exactly how much you should be eating to achieve the results you want.

2. Yes. There are actually 3 TSC plans that can be rotated during the year, the first one is the Heart of a Champion Transformation program which lays the foundation for the more advanced programs. They are all based around my principle based training philosophy.

3. Yes. You can and should maintain low body fat (between 4-12%) pretty much your entire life. To increase your weight you'll just have to adjust your goal weight and nutrition profile. If you start getting fat then you just readjust your profile or goal weight.

4. The cardio workouts are in the program. You'll do two 20 minute cardio sessions during the week and the 300 challenge on Saturday. Beyond that you can choose to do bonus activities (I recommend walking and hiking) and TSC Super Cardio workouts, if you want too.

5. Yes, Usually that's what I like to do. I'm busy just like everyone else, but I make it a priority. However, sometime I just can't make it to the gym until lunch time, in that case I will eat when I wake up and never within an hour of training. So if I wake up at 6am, I'll eat 6:15 and 9:15 and hit the gym at noon. Or if I wake up at 9am, I'll eat breakfast and hit the gym at noon. There are also rules for post workout nutrition, but they are covered in the program too.

Best,
Chris K.
You can get start transforming you body right now. Get the TSC Heart of a Champion Program and Make it Happen! http://www.tscheartofachampionprogram.com/

No comments: